Training in Industrial Risk ManagementRomanian-Serbian cross-border area MIS ETC CODE 1416
Prioritary axis: 3 Promoting “People To People” Exchanges
Measure: 3.3 Increase educational, social cultural and sporting exchanges
Partners number: 2
Project start date: 20.10.2015
Project end date: 19.10.2016
About the project
The project T-IRM belongs to the Romania-Republic of Serbia IPA Cross-Border Cooperation Programme, in line with the Council Regulation (EC) No. 1085/2006, establishing an Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA).
This project is a contribution to the strategic goal of the IPA Programme to achieve a more balanced sustainable socio-economic development of the cross- border area, by means of promoting the know-how for an efficient exploitation of certain resources of the region.
In the business world the expression "time is money" is memorable. When it comes to risk, we must keep in mind that "risk is money". Risk management is one of the main ways to optimize the activities of stakeholder's power equipment, chemical, petrochemical and other industrial equipment and facilities. Thus, by managing industrial risk the SMEs account significant savings of resources, streamline their activities and therefore increasing the overall competitiveness of the economy in the border area is achieved.T-IRM project have also a significant role on implementation of strategically objective regarding to improvement the quality of life for communities in cross-border area, since in case of technological accidents the pollutants don't take into consideration the borders and can affect the regional ecosystem and the life of communities from the border area. By joint preparation and development of training courses in Industrial Risk Management, project sustains the social cohesion and economic strengthening in cross-border region, it stimulate joint development of skills and knowledge through cooperation between internationally recognized education body in order to increase the population with qualifications received due to educational exchanges activity. The main aim of the project is to supports improvement of people preparedness to find necessary and qualified jobs (active unemployed persons, persons looking for the 1st job, recycling of employed qualified personnel). Project support also increasing the contacts between people from both side of the border by joint dissemination of the project activity and results in Romania and Serbia.
The project is relevant since it develops same skill in a priority field through a cross border consortium with partners coming from the both sides of the border. The project contributes to the development of knowledge in the field of technological risk assessment and in the field of environment management as it promotes new integrated technologies in an innovative system, specific tools for quantitative assessment of technological risks in industrial installations which use dangerous substances in the fabrication process with potential pollution risk (which can affect the regional ecosystem and the life of communities from the border area).
Following a common educational curricula, the project builds a future collaboration in the exchange of experts between the two neighbouring countries, mutual recognition of skills and thus laid the foundations for cooperation in the labour market in cross-border region (specialist passport). Overall objective of the action is to contribute to better preconditions for sustainable implementation of new technology, education of people, economic growth and human resource development in the regions with the highest concentration of manufacturing and engineering industry of Serbia, in Branicevo Bor, Banat (South, middle and north) and Romania (Timisoara, Resita, Caras-Severin, Drobeta Turnu Severin).
ISIM - LEAD PARTNER (LP)
National Research & Development Institute for Welding and Material Testing - ISIM, Mihai Viteazul Bd., No. 30, Post Code 300222, Timisoara, Timis, Romania.
Founded in 1970, ISIM Timisoara is a centre of scientific and technical competence in the field of welding and material testing. ISIM Timişoara is the successor of the Romanian welding and material testing schools created in Timişoara, a university centre with tradition in the scientific research. As a scientific institution nationally and internationally acknowledged representative of Romania to the International Institute of Welding (IIW), ISIM implemented a quality system in compliance with ISO 9001 for all its fields of activity, a system certified by TÜV CERT.
ISIM Timişoara is a R&D institute having over 40 years of experience in the field of inspection for industrial installations and equipment. As a scientific institution nationally and internationally acknowledged representative of Romania to the International Institute of Welding, having main competence in scientific research, technological development, technological transfer, inspections of material and products and last but not least in training, qualification and certification.
The ISIM expert also performs activity related to risk management and risks based inspection for industrial equipment and they are deeply involved in the training process.
Since 1995 the ISIM Timisoara has created a training centre / qualification / certification. This Training Centre was approved, at International/European level by ASR CertPers as a Training /Forming Centre to carry on courses and it was also approved, at national level, by the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection as a professional Forming supplier. The Forming Centre has developed and develops courses in Timişoara, Bucharest, Belgrade, Chisinau etc.
Operating since 1999 as a national research & development institute, ISIM has the following main competences:
- Welding and allied processes: Shielding gas welding, Laser welding, Plasma welding, Electron beam welding, Ultrasound welding, Pressure electric welding, Friction stir welding, Thermal cutting, Water-abrasive jet cutting, Thermal spraying (metals and ceramics), Soldering / Brazing
- Material testing: Destructive and nondestructive material testing, Metallographic analysis, Material thermal fatigue, Technical diagnosis of thermally - mechanically strained components, Assessment of the remaining lifetime period of industrial equipment, Failure analysis
- Modernization and automation of welding equipment
- Designing new equipment for welding and material testing
- Prototype equipment
Training and qualification of personnel in the field of welding and nondestructive testing
- Training and qualification of European / International Welding Engineers
- Training and qualification of European / International Welding Inspectors
- Qualification and certification of NDT operators in compliance with SR EN ISO 9712, certification through the ISIM Cert END body, accredited by RENAR
- Qualification of polyethylene welding operators
- Certification of quality systems in welding according to SR EN ISO 3834
- Certification of environmental management systems according to ISO 14001 for welding works
- Qualification of welders according to SR EN 287, SR EN ISO 9606-2, SR EN ISO 9606-3, SR EN ISO 9606-4 and SR EN 1418
- Qualification of welding procedures according to SR EN ISO 15614 and SR EN ISO 14555
- Inspections for the determination of remaining life period of the components of energetic and petrochemical equipment
- Inspections of the manufacturing processes through welding and thermal spraying
- Inspection for the reception of products
- Inspection body - ISIM INSP
- Center of Technological Transfer CENTA
- National technological transfer network in the field of welding
- Balkans technological transfer network in the field of welding
ARK - Partner 2 (P2)
The main objective of the Asocijacije za Razvoj Kladova (Association for Development of Kladovo) is to implement programs for the development of civil society and economic development that mobilizes citizens to engage in improving the quality of life in order to achieve positive social and economic changes in Kladovo. Asocijacija za Razvoj Kladova has set a goal of planning, organizing and participating in projects of public importance. It also participated in a number of trade shows and promotions, aiming to promote himself, Kladovo and all citizens. The main goal was to participate in projects related to environmental protection, agriculture, and encouraging youth participation in projects.
Asocijacija za Razvoj Kladova is founded in 2005 placed in Kladovo. It was founded as a non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit organization formed to establish and develop the conditions for socio-economic, sustainable community development, strengthening partnerships between citizens, local authorities and business sector representatives.
Organs are the Assembly, the Executive Board and Supervisory Board.ARK are about 50 volunteers who are engaged in work on the project activities.