Timisoara, the designated European Capital of Culture for 2021, is hosting, on 9th to 10th of November 2017, the 12th edition of the international conference 'Structural integrity of welded structures - iscs17'.
Purpose and scope
The 12th edition of the conference intends to bring together scientists, researchers, and industrial engineers to discuss about:
- Welded structure stability
- Advanced methods and new trends in NDT
- Prospects in materials science, nanomechanics, nanomaterials, nanotechnologie, computer simulation paradigm
- Advanced materials and joints, mechanical and structural characterization
- Quantitative non-destructive testing
- Fracture mechanics of metallic and non-metallic materials
- Materials damage under time-dependent-actions, fatigue, creep, corrosion, irradiation
- Remaining life assessment of industrial equipments
- Quality management of materials and welded joints
- Damage of metal and non-metal structure
Beside the networking opportunities, the broad-subject conference can be the best place to learn about and discuss the latest novel ideas and technologies with some of the key people of the tackled domains.
The Conference is organized by National R&D Institute for Welding and Material Testing - ISIM Timişoara, Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences (ASTR) - Timişoara Subsidiary and "Politehnica" University of Timişoara.
With the support of Ministry of Research and Innovation
The official language of the conference is English.
The conference proceedings will be published in one of the Trans Tech Publications' periodical (Advanced Materials Research, Solid State Phenomena), in English.
The periodical will be available in full text online at www.scientific.net.